Week 1: Themes

While browsing templates, I struggled to find one that spoke to me. I made a list and prioritized the things I wanted. I wanted a clean design and I wanted the colors to speak to me.

To help me decide what colors to use, I decided to go through my photos for inspiration. I found a photo I took and created a color story from the photo. I pulled dark greens form the greenhouse, light grays from the gravel, and used a shade of brown for highlight. Throughout my blog I used a few variations of greens to try and provide a little depth.

Next, to help create a clean design, I decided to focus on the font. I wanted all my fonts to reflect the same style with slight variation to highlight levels of importance. I have always been a fan of the high contrast of Didot. Limited by the fonts Blogspot provides, I simply varied the fonts by bolding titles and paired Didot with another serif font. Didot is a modern font that creates a sleek and streamlined look. Fun fact, Didot is popular in the fashion world and most recognizable for its frequent use in Vogue and Harper's Bazaar.

After selecting the Contempo theme, customizing the colors, and selecting a desired font, I have created a template that I am satisfied with.

Comments

  1. I do really enjoy your template. It is clean and non distracting but still interesting enough to keep you looking at the page. It's a lovely photo too! I hope we get to see more in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Benjamin, I think you nailed simplicity with elegance. I like that it's something you created and built inspiration from your own art. I feel at ease on your page and like the different tones of green you incorporated. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comment Benjamin. While browsing some of the other students blogs I really enjoyed looking at this design. I like the choice of colors that you use to blend with the picture you chose. I also like how it is not very spammy and is easy to locate everything you have posted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ben,

    Love love love the vibe. The colors were an immediate hit to me, and after reading your explanation behind them, it totally cemented that appreciation. I think it's great you're using personal photography as well as knowledge from outside industries to find inspiration, it really all ties together beautifully.

    Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ben,

    Love love love the vibe. The colors were an immediate hit to me, and after reading your explanation behind them, it totally cemented that appreciation. I think it's great you're using personal photography as well as knowledge from outside industries to find inspiration, it really all ties together beautifully.

    Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colors are great, and I love the simple feel to it all! The picture and colors strike a great chord together, and I look forward to seeing how this all pans out further along in the class!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Benjamin, when I first viewed your blog, I immediately felt relaxed. The greenery made me want to sit in my backyard and enjoy the view. Your explanation of how and why you selected the theme, colors, and fonts is very thorough. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2 Part 1

Week 11 Post 1