Week 13 Post 2

It is surprising how quickly a clean advertisement can capture a consumers attention. Ultimately an ad with minimal copy, key words, and a clean graphic has amazing potential to capture a viewers attention.

One style of ad that has huge potential to capture attention is video ads. Video ads often appear in a series of videos already being watched, and auto play in a thread. When an ad has a strong introduction, I have of often found myself pausing to see what the ad is going to come to. One example of a video ad working extremely well is Facebooks ad featuring the song, "Walking in Memphis." This ad has diversity and every person it shows has a personal version of the song. Without knowing what the ad was for, I was hooked.

I believe if a company has the means to produce high quality videos, advertising on Facebook using videos is a strong option. Photo ads are the best second option, in my opinion. A clean photo ad can convey a message, sometimes completely without the use of words.

Boosting on Instagram seems like it would have positive results, especially when boosted at specific times of the day. Ultimately I would chose to use the boost feature for my advertising, I believe if my business had a strong internet presence, a boosted post could get viewers to my profile and that could speak volumes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2 Part 1

Week 1: Themes

Week 11 Post 1